Thursday, October 22, 2009

Foodie diet

My beloved Kasey and I are officially fed up with being fat and lazy! Although I prefer to think of myself as corpulent and shiftless. But the food lovers in both of us will not give up without a fight. The great compromise is of course eat what is both delicious and nutritious and eat less of it. My problem is I love food indiscriminately and in massive quantities; Kasey's is a similar conundrum. Upon careful consideration we realized that it is mostly a matter of eating less and trying to pick smarter food choices.

Example: Sunday we made sushi at home with lots of veggies, totally delicious, totally healthy, totally filling. Monday now in the mood for something more hearty I made us some veggie chili topped with plain Greek yogurt and green onions. Also, we try to order things to split, or sub the side for a salad, etc. Typically tricks and tips you heard a million times. I have heard them too.

It has only been a few days so I'm trying not to count my chickens but so far I have been feeling proud and satisfied. I put on some pounds since last year (approx. 20 lbs) and I most recently weighed in at 177 lbs (eeeekkk!!!!!) Yea, I said it. Even 20 pounds ago I wasn't where I wanted to be. So as I recently heard in a movie, it's time to nut up or shut up.

2 comments:

  1. As someone on a similar journey I know it is a challenge, but good for both of you for thinking of your health. Doug has lost 30 pounds due to my new cooking regime. I've lost 10. 10 to his 30...irritating. But I'm delighted that we are still eating wonderfully satisfying food and with the added bonus that our meals are healthy AND delicious. Tonight's Chicken and Sweet Potato Chili was a big hit! Looking forward to seeing the two of you soon and enjoying a healthy meal together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie, I don't know why it took me ten years to realize that you had this blog, but it did.

    Good for you and kasey! I'm intruiged to know more about making sushi. Sounds dangerous...but thrilling!

    ReplyDelete