Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bacon and beans

So first day of the food plan gets off to kind of a shaky start and it's my fault. This morning I woke up feeling absolutely pooped so I didn't get the breakfast/lunch parts out the way I had hoped. HOWEVER, I did make my soup that I planned on making.

Lentil, split pea soup, featuring bacon!


This was my approach:

3/4 lb of bacon chopped goes into a pot. Brown it up.

Then toss in some chopped onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Enough to make it delicious.

Throw in a pound of lentils, a pound of split peas, 12 cups of water and 4 cups of stock (I used beef stock because it was the lowest sodium kind I could find at the grocery store yesterday)

Brought it to a boil and then simmered it on low for an hour. I made a huge pot of this soup because I want us to be able to eat it for a couple of days but I could have easily made way less.

No comments:

Post a Comment